Friday, January 16, 2009

Who knows but God?

I'm not often at a loss for words but this afternoon my youngest (Jerusha- girlchild- 12yrs)

asked me what to mates means ?
"Why do you ask ?" I said."In nature," she continued,"the animals have mates. Is that OK?"
My immediate reaction was to send her to the All You Need To Know About Puberty book.
Instead I smiled and drew her into my arms as my mind raced frantically through the store of knowledge I was about to draw from and began with, " God made girls and boys differently sweet heart," at which point she turned to me and said, "Mum I know about all the yucky stuff I just wanna know if I can have more than one mate. Heidi is a good mate and so is Kayliegh and all I want to know is, is it Ok for me to have two mates?"

No comments:

Post a Comment