Sunday, January 18, 2009

Being Strong And Courageous

It was my birthday on the 7th and last year on that day little Joshua Sams was born. I spent a quiet Wednesday thinking about all that has happened in the last 12 months. I thanked the Lord for His faithfullness and encouragement, His answer to prayer even though sometimes I didn't understand the answers and I prayed for Josh's mum and dad to continue being "Strong and Courageous" then sent a white rose bud from our garden on an out going tide at the Frankston pier. You can read about our "miracle baby" on Susies blog attached below.
This year has been BUSY. In one year we've walked with a young couple through the birth and death of their son, shifted to a new country"Australia". We arrived with two small suitcases each, from which we've established a fully furnished (thank God for Vinnies and Salvos) 4 brm comfortable home. Miraculously we now have a piano in our lounge, a keyboard, 5 guitars, 3 ukeleles and 4 kids who sing and make music constantly. We've had Nana move in with us too and Keith went to Africa for 5 weeks this year for the first time as well. We hosted Christmas for the family & friends, 45 people spent Jesus birthday with us it was excellent!!! Amidst all this we've been trying follow God because we came here to do a work for Him. Oh yeah and we've been asked to Pastor a local AOG church and are waiting to see how it pans out. All in all I sigh with relief when the end of the day draws near and I can put my feet up ahhhh!!

No comments:

Post a Comment